Thursday, November 10, 2011

POST #2: Who Am I?

I bet you're saying, who the heck is this chick and what does she know? Why does she think she can TELL ME?

First off, just so we get this straight, I DO tell you.

Secondly, and much less importantly, I am just your average engaged-on-my-way-to-be-married type chick, but probably just a smidgen more crazy than most.

But what's my background, you ask?

Fitness-wise, I was a sloth for my most of my life until I got to college. Once there, I decided on a whim to try out for the swim team. I think while I was under water the coach was laughing at my efforts, but he took pity on me and told me that he would let me be on the team if I put in a few extra practices before the season started.

I put in the extra work. Got on the team. Never was special or won anything.

After that, I got into running - I trained for and ran a 10k (probably in the dumbest way humanly possible), and then trained for a marathon (only made it to the 16-mile run before I stopped).

I've tried various at home work-out routines: video, dance, yoga. You name it, I've tried it.

Heck, I've even tried crash dieting. What a freaking joke.

Being a mental health nurse and having worked in the field of eating disorders, I really should have known better. There is no easy or quick way to slim down that is good for you. There are, however, a multitude of ways to get from point A to point B (and once at point B get some extra-sexy results) if you're willing to put the time in.

So, here I am, laying it all bare for you folk in an effort to get you and myself motivated for the upcoming nine months to the wedding (and for all of the many months after; A.K.A. "the rest of my life"). Let's just start with the next nine months, though, shall we?

I will be sharing my (eek) photos, stats, and other personal information throughout the upcoming months. Terrifying, right?

Let's get to it.






No comments: